I have formerly spent over 3 years as a trader in U.S. Stock Market and is now semi-stepped down. I work on a full time basis for News Tech Markets specializing in quicker moving active shares with a short term view on investment opportunities and trends.
Address: 2769 James Street, Wellsville, NY 14895, USA
Phone: (+1) 585-593-8040
Latest posts by Jonathan Perez (see all)
- Trending Stock: The Howard Hughes Corporation (NYSE: HHC) - November 30, 2019
- Earnings Alert: Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital Inc. (NYSE: HASI) - November 30, 2019
- Stock under Review: Triple-S Management Corporation (NYSE: GTS) - November 30, 2019
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, November 30, 2019 – Shares of Triple-S Management Corporation (NYSE: GTS) gained 0.68% to $19.17. The stock traded total volume of 158.832K shares lower than the average volume of 359.79K shares.
Triple-S Management Corporation (GTS) reported consolidated claims incurred of $706.29M, up 2.1% year-over-year. Consolidated loss ratio of 82.2% improved 1,110 basis points from the prior-year period, mostly driven by lower Managed Care MLR on a year-over-year basis, as well as $76.40M in unfavorable prior period reserve development related to Hurricane Maria recognized by the Property and Casualty segment in the second quarter of 2018.
- Consolidated operating expenses of $134.10M decreased by $0.50M, or 0.4%, from the prior-year period primarily resulting from $12.20M in savings due to the suspension in 2019 of the HIP Fee, offset by higher personnel costs and commission expense. The Company’s operating expense ratio improved 240 basis points year-over-year to 15.6% mostly driven by the increase in premiums during the second quarter of 2019.
- Consolidated income tax expense was $12.90M, compared to an income tax benefit of $27.90M in the prior-year period. Income tax expense in 2019 primarily reflects the increase in income before taxes in the Managed Care and Property and Casualty segments. The income tax benefit in the second quarter of 2018 mainly reflects the loss before taxes in that period in the Property and Casualty segment.
The Company raised consolidated operating revenue expectations for 2019 to be between $3.29B and $3.33B, which include Managed Care premiums earned, net between $2.95B and $2.99B. The Company’s previous outlook was for consolidated operating revenue between $3.11B and $3.15B, which included Managed Care premiums earned, net between $2.78B and $2.82B.
GTS has the market capitalization of $483.47M and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was -27.50%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was 2.50% while its return on investment ratio stands at -6.60%. Price to sales ratio was 0.15 while 92.40% of the stock was owned by institutional investors.